Re: Render to HTML

From: Newton, Philip <Philip.Newton@gedas.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:57:46 +0100
To: "'www-xsl-fo'" <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Chris Cosentino wrote:
> There is nothing in HTML that lets you define page limits.

No, but there is in CSS, e.g. with "page-break-before" and similar.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/page.html for details.

I've used HTML + CSS to produce data that's continuous on the screen but
paged in a certain way on printout.

This bit:

> HTML was never intended for paged printed output.

is still mostly true, though, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <Philip.Newton@datenrevision.de>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.