W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-xsl-fo@w3.org > February 2004

Re: Problem with FOPServlet

From: Eugene Ciurana <ciurana@cime.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:29:21 -0800
Message-ID: <4034E461.6060504@cime.net>
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Sudheer wrote:

>I am trying to get the FOPServlet (the one in examples folder of FOP
>Distribution) work. It makes use of the example xml and xsl files -
>projectteam.xml and projectteam2fo.xsl. On typing the URL in the browser it
>gives me the following output instead of showing the pdf file in the
>Browser. 
>
I mentioned to you yesterday that the problem is either your browser 
handing of PDF files (i.e. it doesn't understand what 
content-type="application/pdf" means) or your servlet output header 
(i.e. it's not setting up the content-type to "application/pdf").

I visited your URI:
http://billdevel.sedata.com/servlet/FopServlet?xml=xml/projectteam.xml&xsl=xsl/projectteam2fo.xsl

And I get a valid PDF file, so apparently the servlet and the app server 
are issuing the correct content-type.  That leaves your browser as the 
problem.

I just ran a test on Mozilla 1.5 Winblows, Internet Explorer 6, and 
Mozilla 1.5 Linux (with xpdf as the handler).  I got the correct file in 
all cases.  You can see the sample screen shot of what I got at 
http://cime.net/test/clip.png

Please re-install Acrobat Reader (or whatever you're using for 
displaying PDF files), or check your browser's documentation to ensure 
that your browser knows how to handle "application/pdf" input.

You may also try right clicking on your own link, above, and use "Save 
as..." to save your output to local disk.  When you're done, open the 
file with a PDF reader.  You'll see that everything is copacetic.

Cheers,

Eugene
-- 

CIME Software Labs
http://cime.net
(415) 922-6600 voice
Received on Thursday, 19 February 2004 11:29:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 3 October 2007 16:06:12 GMT