Re: instream/external pdf?

From: Martin R°pcke <mr@xosoftware.dk>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:45:06 +0100
Cc: Victor Vishnyakov <tch_@mail.ru>, www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Victor Vishnyakov wrote:

>>I would like to add a pdf as e.g. instream-foreign-object or
>>external-graphic, whichs support e.g. .svg and .jpg. Is this at all
>>possible either with the given commands or in any other way?
>>That is, I would like to add a .pdf e.g. as a footer to the .fo before

>>transform the .fo to .pdf.
>>

>XSL-FO specification allows you to do it.
>But. How can multipag PDF document be added into the single page?

Maybe I expressed myself badly. What I want to do is take a one page
pdf-file and add it to the .fo, and hopefully enable myself to add e.g.
a header and a footer with e.g. page number, logo, etc. to the .fo,
which holds a .pdf in a "<fo:block> <fo:instream/external/other
options...> </fo:block>".

>Anyway, it is formatter specific feature. See conformance list of your
>XSL-FO processor.

I use apaches fop, which seems not to support ".pdf-inclusion". I have
also tried Antenna's, which I can't seems to get to work either. With
Antenna's I do get something, but it appears to be a default svg or
something of the like.
I might be overlooking something so if anyone has info on the subject
please share it.
Thank you
Martin