Re: XML data to check format

Sudheer wrote:

> I need to convert XML data into pdf documents using XSL FO. I was
> wondering whether the lay out can be customised using XSL. I am
> needing the lay out to be like a personal check with the fonts like
> routing number and Bank Account at the bottom and other details as in
> a check, so that user can print the check. Can this be possible using
> XSLT, and XSL-FO

The layout can be customized using XSL all you want.

You can use something like Saxon to get from XML+XSL = FO document, then
run your document.fo through the FOP processor (Apache FOP, XEP,
whatever) to generate your .PDF file.

You may define page metrics of almost any customized size, and you have
total control over layout, margins, fonts, font size, graphics and so
on.  If you decide to include a graphic (i.e. company logo), I suggest
that you use something with 300 dpi maximum resolution.   TrueType and
other font formats are easy to handle; we're building PDF files on a
UNIX server using common Windows TTFs all the time.

Good luck with your project,

Eugene
--

CIME Software Labs