Re: add a text block at 3rd page of a sequence

From: Christoph Rupp <crupp@umc-web.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:10:53 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Ken,

 >      <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="seq01">
 >        <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="chap01"
 >            maximum-repeats="2" />
 >        <fo:single-page-master-reference
master-reference="chap01_PAGE3" />
 >        <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="chap01" />
 >      </fo:page-sequence-master>

 > I hope this helps.

Yes, thank you very much. This solves a part of my problem. But what i
still haven't found out: if i have a sequence like the one you have
written, how can i place a block-container or an external-graphic on an
arbitrary page in my sequence (i.e. page 3)?

I cannot place the block-container as a fo:static-content, because then
it would appear on *every* page.

So i have to place it somewhere in <fo:flow
flow-name="xsl-region-body">. But then it is not guaranteed that my
block-container is displayed on page 3, because that depends on all
other elements in the region-body.  Sure, i can use absolute
positioning, but then i can only specify the coordinates of my
block-container, but not the page itself...

And this is something i have not yet understood...

TIA
Chris