RE: page sequences and static content

Your region-before and region-after is unnamed, thus formatter cant
associate static-content to its region.

Try the following:

<fo:region-before display-align="after" region-name="xsl-region-before">
... <fo:region-after display-align="before"
region-name="xsl-region-after">

See spec 7.25.17 "region-name" and 7.25.5 "flow-name" for details

Regards,
Victor Vishnyakov