RE: .tiff to pdf conversion.

Try FOP mailing list.
XSL is OK in your case.

PS:  this might help
[http://xml.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html] :: FOP has been compiled with
JAI support, but JAI is not included in the FOP distribution. To use it,
simply install JAI( http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai ).

Behalf Of Carroll Maree
> Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:10 AM
> To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
> Subject: .tiff to pdf conversion.
>
> We are trying to embed a tiff file into a pdf. We get a error message
when running fop (as below). I have included the extract from the xsl
that > > embeds the external graphic. We have the jimi libaries
(jimi.jar) in the fop lib directory so that's not the problem.

> The xsl:
>
> <fo:external-graphic src="{$source}" content-type="image/tif"/>
>
> the error:
>
> [INFO] JAI support was not installed (read: not present at build
time). Trying to use Jimi instead [ERROR] Error while creating area :
Error while > loading image file:C:/TEMP/SMISrss6543.tif : class
java.lang.Exception - Image error [ERROR] Error while creating area :
Error while loading > image file:C:/TEMP/SMISrss6546.tif : class
java.lang.Exception - Image error [DEBUG] Last page-sequence produced 1
pages.