Javascript Question

From: Sandegren, Eric S. <ESSandegren@apacmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:12:13 -0500
To: "'www-xsl-fo@w3.org'" <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
Cc: "Kosyanchuk, Egor V." <EVKosyanchuk@apacmail.com>
Hello -

I am attempting to use xsl:value-of in one of my javascripts inside a page
and it is not replacing the value correctly...

I have functions defined at the top of my xsl, and in the actual template I
am matching, I want to execute some arbitrary code:

<SCRIPT>root.addChildToParent('<xsl:value-of select="@NAME"/>', new
rowtree('<xsl:value-of select="parent::@NAME"/>',true));</SCRIPT>

basically I am trying to call a function that takes the (attr) name of the
current element, and an object which is being created in the function call,
also using the (attr) name of the element.

I can't get xsl to replace "<xsl:value-of select="@NAME"/>" with the actual
value as it processes....

Does anyone have any experience with this?  I have seen multiple examples of
using the <xsl:attribute id="blah"></xsl:attribute> to get values for
attributes to be set, but the trouble is what I need the text of the
<SCRIPT> element to be set and the replacements to be made...

I appreciate any help, thank you.

Eric Sandegren