Re: Using relative URL's fo:external-graphic

At 11:56 2003 05 20 -0400, Jeremy Nix wrote:

>Is this possible?  If so, can you give me an example because I cannot get them to work with my current setup.
>
>Ex:
><fo:external-graphic text-align="right" height="40px" width="78.51px" src="xml/logo.gif"></fo:external-graphic>
>Where xml is a directory underneath the current application context.  The full url would be:
><http://myhost/myapp/xml/logo.gif>http://myhost/myapp/xml/logo.gif

Yes it should be possible in theory, but I can't say exactly
how to do it in your case.

However, I note that the XSL spec requires that the value of
fo:external-graphic's src property [1] be a <uri-specification>
which [2] is:

  A sequence of characters that is "url(", followed by optional
  white space, followed by an optional single quote (') or double
  quote (") character, followed by a URI reference as defined in
  [RFC2396], followed by an optional single quote (') or double
  quote (") character, followed by optional white space, followed by ")".

So what you show above isn't valid.

paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#src
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice5.html#section-N8794-Property-Datatypes