Center block within block?

From: Mark Lundquist <ml@wrinkledog.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:56:07 -0700
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

I have a bad feeling that this will turn out to be something I can't
do, but here goes... :-/

I have a block that needs to be centered within an enclosing block.  If
I had any way of knowing what the width of the inner block was going to
be, I could calculate start-indent and end-indent to "split the
difference".  The trouble is, I don't know the width of the inner
block, because it's dependent on content.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark Lundquist