Re: Symbols

From: Mike Haarman <mhaarman@infinitecampus.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:56:53 -0600
To: "Rohit Peyyeti" <rohit@translogicsys.com>
Cc: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

> But, is there anyway I can use HTML radio or similar
> controls in my XSL and render PDF? Can't I just
> include HTML like: <input type=radio> in XSL FO?
>
> Regards,
> Rohit

You should have separate stylesheets applying either HTML or FO to a common
XML instance on the presentation tier.  No, you can't insert HTML into your
formatting objects.  That said, assuming a starting point of well-formed
XHTML, you could write XSL to apply formatting objects to HTML structures.

Mike