Re: instream-foreign-object / java Image

From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:21:33 +0200
To: Jerome Ballestraz <jerome.ballestraz@icsa.ch>
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Jerome Ballestraz wrote:

> Is there a way to include a raster image generated on the fly by
> a java plugin in FOP ?
>
> I would imagine something like:
> <fo:instream-foreign-object>
>  <jimage:myImageProducer p1="myParam ... />
> </fo:instream-foreign-object>

The only way at the moment I'm aware of is to invoke servlet or
something through http to get an image generated on the fly.
<fo:external-graphic src="http://myserver/MyServlet?p1=myParam"/>
Then make sure the servlet returns proper mime type, content size etc as
usual.
There are plans to implement image resolvers in FOP though, so keep up
with FOP news.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel