Re: instream-foreign-object / java Image

From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:21:33 +0200
To: Jerome Ballestraz <jerome.ballestraz@icsa.ch>
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Jerome Ballestraz wrote:

> Is there a way to include a raster image generated on the fly by
> a java plugin in FOP ?
> I would imagine something like:
> <fo:instream-foreign-object>
>  <jimage:myImageProducer p1="myParam ... />
> </fo:instream-foreign-object>

The only way at the moment I'm aware of is to invoke servlet or
something through http to get an image generated on the fly.
<fo:external-graphic src="http://myserver/MyServlet?p1=myParam"/>
Then make sure the servlet returns proper mime type, content size etc as
There are plans to implement image resolvers in FOP though, so keep up
with FOP news.

Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel