xsl: for-each break

From: Marek Hubatka <hubatka@virtual7.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:52:26 +0100
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

I have a problem... I need to make a break or something in a xsl: for-each. It has to act like a "while" command in other languages. so it must do a for-each until a condition is not valid any more.

The sense of this is, that i got a xml file with some "group" nodes in it. one or more group node is in another. i do a xsl:for-each select="descendant::group". in this for-each it looks for a node "record" in the deepest group-node. when it finds a record, it does something and will make a for.each select="ancestor::group" to get the parents. for each parent it tests, if it is the last group of the parent ( xsl:if test = ". = ../group[last()]" ). when it find one group, which is NOT last(), it has to cancel and not process the parents of this node.

Any ideas?