wide tables

From: Luke <luked@xplantechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:53:48 +1100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

How can I format a wide table with xml-fo, if the table is too wide to
fit on one page?

Spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel do a reasonable job at
printing large tables by spanning them across pages, with relevant row
and column headings repeated on each page.

I see that tall tables will be spanned across pages, and fo:table-header
can be used to repeat column headings on each page.  However I haven't
found an analogous mechanism for spanning wide tables across pages or
to repeat row headings on each page. Is this a limitation of xml-fo,
or have I missed something?

Thanks,
Luke.