Re: Don't always keep the section together on one page

At 2003-04-16 12:01 +0200, kristin.laxhed@riksdagen.se wrote:
>I have a problem with pages breaking only at the end of a section. I would
>like the page to break in the middle of a section, but it always breaks at
>the end of a section, leaving
>several empty lines at the end of the page.

I apologize that I am unable to interpret your description above.

>There seems to be a "default
>rule" that always keeps a section together on one page.

I am unaware of any such "default rule" other than, perhaps, widows and
orphans defaulting at "2", but that would be in a paragraph and not "in a
section".

There is no definition of any XSL-FO semantic named "section" ... perhaps
if you expressed your problem again using terms from the XSL-FO
Recommendation then someone on the list may be able to help you with your
problem.  For example, are you speaking of page sequences?  When wanting to
do explicit breaks, have you looked at the break-before= and break-after=
properties?

I hope we can help you with your problem when we have more information.

..................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses:   Europe (XSLT/XPath):    May  5, 2003
-                            Europe (XSL-FO):        May 16, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO