Re: total page count problem

At 2003-04-03 16:09 +0200, Gilhuijs, Patrick wrote:
>I have a problem with the total page count. I do use the page-number and
>page-number-citation objects with a block at the end of a page-sequence
>with a unique ID. If I have one page-sequence it all works oké, if I have
>more it doesn't. It looks like the page-number-citation in the following
>sequences have the same total page count as the first sequence, although
>the id of the block that's used for determining the total page count is unique.
>I have displayed the generated id's  in the document to ensure myself that
>they are unique.
>Any idea's?

The *very* common mistake I have made (and continue to make!!) is to say:

    id="generate-id(...)"

instead of:

    id="{generate-id(...)}"

If you have made the same mistake, then you will get the results that you
report.  Without the attribute value templates, the ids will all look the
same as g,e,n,e,r,....

If you have not made this mistake, and the area tree does, indeed, have
unique addresses, then I cannot imagine what might be wrong ... I couldn't
even explain it as a tool error, since there is no reason why the tool
would ignore unique values.

I hope this helps.

............... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
                              North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO