Re: [Moderator Action] XSL Help - Urgent

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:09:08 +0200
To: Vignesh Balan R <vigneshbr@aztec.soft.net>
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Vignesh Balan R <vigneshbr@aztec.soft.net> writes:

>>From the above XML i want to copy the following text
[...]
> into a variable in XSL. I want the whole thing to be stored as a
> text(not only the parsed values, but all the tags too) in the variable.

If you want to convert of piece of the source document into a string
for storing into a variable, you need a stylesheet that would
serialise that tree into a string. It is much more complicated than
just doing <xsl:apply-templates apply="..."/>. You have to explicitely
output the brackets, the local names of elements, the namespace
declarations, etc. Try asking on xsl-list [1], I know there are people
there who did it.

[1] http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/index.html

Max.