Re: Type 1 font problem

From: <James.Xie@Prudential.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Hi,
      I need help regarding using fonts other than Helvetica, Times,
Courier, Symbol and ZapfDingbats.

      I have no problem using other fonts such as eurostile for view. I use
following command to create the pdf files:

      java -cp
lib\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;lib\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar

org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c conf/userconfig.xml -xml xmlfile -xsl xslfile
-pdf pdffile.

      The problem I encount is that if I use fonts other than Helvetica,
Times, Courier, Symbol and ZapfDingbats, I can not Edit  the pdf that
created ie. copy & paste the characters in the pdf files, I can not the
search on the text. Basically the fonts in the pdf are no longer in ascii
anymore.

      Could anybody help? Thanks a lot in advance

James