problem with fo:external-graphic.

From: Nazhat Aysha <nazhat_aysha@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 05:15:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

hi,

i'll be grateful if you can answer one of my questions
on fo:external-graphic.

i have a directory structure,
|__y
   |__z

i've placed my .xsl file in 'z' dir and the image
file(.gif) in 'x' dir.
i'am not able to refer to it using the foll,

<fo:block start-indent="6.5in" height="0.5in"
width="0.5in">
<fo:external-graphic
content-type="content-type:image/gif"
src="../../x/logo.gif"/>
</fo:block>

looks like, a relative path cannot be given unless
and until the path is relative to $TOMCAT_HOME/bin
directory. is there a way to get around this problem ?
( ofcourse without hardcoding the absolute path or
using the URL method )

thanks,
nazhat