Re: How to create a table that fills the page?

And you can't simply break the page?  Presumably you require some kind of
border effect.

If you know in advance or can calculate via count() of records, how many
pages you will be building, you can set your table in a wrapper table which
controls the border and spans a number of rows sufficient to fill that
number of pages' body regions.

I often use a construct like the following to set a fixed vertical span of
space which will be filled with a variable depth of content.  The table must
have specified a narrow (fraction of a point) initial table column just for
this purpose of setting row spans.  The cell which accepts the content (into
which you'll place your table) will have a number-rows-spanned property
<= to the number of rows specified to this template's $rows parameter.

  <xsl:template name="repeatRows">
    <xsl:param name="rows"/>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$rows &gt; 0">
        <fo:table-row>
          <fo:table-cell>
            <fo:block>&#xA0;</fo:block>
          </fo:table-cell>
        </fo:table-row>
        <xsl:call-template name="repeatRows">
          <xsl:with-param name="rows" select="$rows - 1"/>
        </xsl:call-template>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise/>
    </xsl:choose>