Re: Question about keep-together

From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:05:20 +0200
To: Sameer Parekh <ParekhS@myhealthchoice.com>
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Sameer Parekh wrote:

 > I have a blovk that consists of 3 blocks within it. I am trying to
 > work on something like a directory and on the pdf page, i have 5
 > columns. If there is not enough room for a whole block to fit
 > together on one column, i directly want to get it on the next column
 > instead of half the information being on one column and the other
 > half on another one. I looked up some documentation and thought that
 > the keep-together property on the outermost block will do it, but it
 > did not work. Anybody got any ideas? Here is the sample:
Which formatter are you using? Chances are it's fop, which supports
keep-together property only on table rows, so a workaround could be to
put your blocks into a blind table (although beware, it can get fop into
an infinite loop - this bug should be fixed in the next fop maintenance
release).

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team