Re: Pagination of original documents

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 17:22, Mike Haarman wrote:
> Are you matching pagination of original source material or does
> the document *blueline* at a certain point, beyond which
> pagination is fixed?  Is there a requirement to maintain page
> numbers when depth of content would otherwise force pagination?

No, there is no source material before the XML editing process except
audio files. This is not about digitising archived material but
about current session minutes.
Changes after the "fixation point" will only involve minor spelling
corrections and the like so I do not think that maintaining depth of
content will pose a problem.

> If it is the case that the document bluelines and pagination must
> then freeze, some fairly heavy duty hacking is called for.  There
> is not yet a mechanism for the formatting objects processor to
> *talk back* to the source document.  The referenced post to
> fop-users probably represents a decent start toward a solution.
> The alternative is to manually walk through the source with the
> bluelined version and introducing pagination elements by hand.

(referenced post:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=103228790421330&w=2)

I am afraid that I have to do the hacking myself. But before I
started I wanted to make sure that there did not exist a "best
practice" for this. Since everyone who has to deal with legal
documents of this kind will probably experience the same problem
this does not seem unlikely.
--
Matthias Brunner <mb@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
PGP FP 7862 32B3 3B75 292A F76F  5042 8587 21AB 5B89 D501