Re: Suspending page numbering

From: Gupta, Deepak <Deepak.Gupta@schwab.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:40:10 -0500 (EST)
To: "'www-xsl-fo@w3.org'" <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
Ken,

I mean the latter, i.e. "the page is not included in the steadily increasing
page number".

Thanks for letting me know that this is not possible - I've been trying
(unsuccessfully) different approaches for the last week to solve this
problem.

Having scanned the XSL-FO mailing list, I notice that I am not the only one
who is looking for this functionality in FO. I do not believe there is any
technical reason why the FO spec could not be updated to provide the
functionality via, for example a property such as :-

<fo:page-sequence master-name="title" page-count="suspend">

<fo:page-sequence master-name="section" page-count="resume">

Please let me know if this would not be technically feasible & if not why ?

If you could reference the answer to the source of FOP, all the better :-)

thanks,

Deepak