Re: Splitting a stirng

OK. Here's what i'm thinking. Do a recursion of [ substring-after, followed
by substring-before for the after bit. ] Start with the null string, ie, the
substring-after null is the whole original string, umm, or something.

 $delims = $delims - 1;

 if $delims
  *recurse*
  <info (num) = substring-before( substring-after( ., substring( $delims, 1,
2 ) ) )
  <xsl:call-template name="self"/>

             <xsl:call-template name="splitString">
  <xsl:param name="delims">;;:;,::,.;</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param
name="elementNames">one:two:three:four:five:six:eight:nine:ten:eleven</xsl:p
aram>
  <xsl:param name="string"><xsl:value-of select="packedInfo"/></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="delims"/>
<xsl:param name="elementNames"/>
<xsl:param name="string"/>
<xsl:if test="$string"/>
   <xsl:element name="substring-before( $elementNames, ':')">
 <xsl:value-of select="substring-before( $string, substring( $delims, 1,
2 ) )"/>
   </xsl:element>
   <xsl:call-template name="self">
 <xsl:param name="delims"><xsl:value-of select="substring( $delims,
2 )"/></xsl:param>
 <xsl:param name="elementNames"><xsl:value-of
elect="substring-after( $elementNames, ':')"/></xsl:param>
 <xsl:param name="string"><xsl:value-of select="substring-after( $string,
substring( $delims, 1, 2 ) )"/>
   </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:if>

Sorry. I ran out of time. That's it. Maybe it will stimulate some ideas. The
indentation gets all messed up in emails, but if you cut and paste and
reconstitute ...
--
Best,
S.