Re: fo:block with no break

At 2002-07-16 08:58 -0400, Jan Kirmse wrote:
>is there a possibility to check in xsl if there is enough space left on the
>bottom of
>the page for some fo:block `s which do not have a break.

You cannot check it in XSLT, but you can ask the XSL-FO formatter to check
it by wrapping your blocks in a block with the keep-together= property set
to keep the set of blocks on the same page.

Your responsibility is to supply the contingent behaviour (the fact that
the set of blocks are to be kept together) and the formatter's
responsibility is to accommodate the situation by respecting your
contingencies (checking to see if the set of blocks fits on a page).

>so my fo:block `s must held together and if there is not enough space left
>on this page, there must be a page break and the fo:block `s are placed on
>the

If the formatter finds that a quantity of the flow wrapped in a
keep-together= does not fit on a page, the constructs are moved to the top
of the next page.

I hope this helps.

........................ Ken

--
Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1                Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:                 2002-08-05,26,27,09-30,10-03