Re: AW: center table horizontally (space-start)

At 2002-07-17 17:08 +0200, Schäffler, Markus SFR wrote:
>The start-indent attribute works for a table without a border fine,

Actually, it probably isn't working but only looks like it is working
because you do not have any text that wraps a table cell.  I would think
the indentation you witness is happening in the table cells, so the cell
width is correspondingly reduced by the indent value.  If your test has
short cell content, it would appear to work, but you would not be pleased
with the cell wrapping.

>but when
>you use it for a table with a border only the content is indented and the
>border is still at the same place. Does anybody know how to indent both?

I know of no other XSL-FO techniques other than what I've described in my
earlier notes, so I think you are out of luck unless you use a processor
that supports these aspects of the Recommendation.

I would certainly welcome anyone else's ideas about how it could be done,
in case I've missed something.

............... Ken

--
Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1                Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:                 2002-08-05,26,27,09-30,10-03