Re: variable numbers of columns in PDF-tables

From: Kenneth J. Hughes <kjh@entel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:49:56 -0500
To: <heckler@lei.cdi.de>, <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
At 04:40 AM 1/28/2002 -0500, Heckler wrote:
>Hello www-xsl-fo,
>I recently met a problem which I would like to present to you hoping you
>could give some assistance or answers.
>My problem concerns variable numbers of columns in PDF-tables.

[Table example omitted]

>The number of columns for the XML-table varies; the column-width is 15 cm.
>For the PDF output the tgroup-attribute cols shall by divided by the
>The result shall be written in <fo:table-column> to the attribute
>How can this be achieved by means of an XSL-File?

Are you looking for proportional-column-width()?

<fo:table-column column-number="1"

I know that RenderX's engine supports proportional-column-width().

Kenneth J. Hughes                                        kjh@entel.com
Entelechy Corporation                            http://www.entel.com/