font trouble

From: Kevin Flynn <kevin.flynn@birdstep.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:58:48 +0100
To: "'www-xsl-fo@w3c.org'" <www-xsl-fo@w3c.org>
I have generated XSL-FO documents containing TrueType fonts (mostly
PalatinoLinotype). I generated font metrics files for the fonts, and
everything seemed to be OK (they looked OK in Acrobat, and printed out OK).
That, however, was when I was printing to a PCL printer. When I print to a
Postscript printer, the results are dreadful. Every time there is a change
of font (for example, a bolded word in a line), the output gets scrambled,
wih spurious characters inserted where the bold text should be. This happens
whether or not I switch on the "download TrueType fonts" option in Acrobat.

Does anybody have any experience with this, or know of any fix?

Best regards
Kevin Flynn
Birdstep Technology www.birdstep.com
Direct: +47 24 13 47 75