newbie: setting inline widths using FOP?

From: <TSchutzerWeissmann@uk.imshealth.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:52:12 -0000
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
be nice it's my first post...

I want to distribute blocks of text along the same line and control where
along the line they get put. Using <fo:inline> and setting the width
attribute doesn't work, the width attribute makes no difference at all.
Since I want to distribute 3 bits of text at equal distances along the line,
I could use a table, but I'm praying for a better way.

Incidentally, what alternatives are there to FOP?

Thanks for your help,

Tom Weissmann