RE: XSL-Fo to PDF

From: Arved Sandstrom <asandstrom@accesswave.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 07:21:25 -0500 (EST)
To: "David Tolpin" <dvd@renderx.com>
Cc: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
From: www-xsl-fo-request@w3.org [mailto:www-xsl-fo-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of David Tolpin
Sent: February 22, 2002 5:24 AM
To: Martin Stricker
Cc: 'www-xsl-fo@w3.org'
Subject: Re: XSL-Fo to PDF

> "Sterin, Ilya" wrote:
> >
> > Is there a pretty good C library(ies) out there for XSL-Fo to PDF
> > conversion?
>
> The only XSL-FO to PDF tool I know about is Apache FOP
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/ , which is written completely in Java.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin Stricker

Martin,

there is a choice. The list of tools also includes

RenderX XEP,
AntennaHouse XSL FO Formatter,
ArborText's implementation,
PassiveTeX
IBM's XFC

and others. At least one of them is written in C++, and
at least three implementations of those I know about
use TeX as the rendering backend.

According to what Arved and Ilya say we are going to have
to more implementations soon :-).

David Tolpin

Just out of curiosity what is the take on XFC? I downloaded it but have not
yet used it.

It had better be a top-notch performer considering its massive size. :-)

Arved Sandstrom