Re: page-sequence-master

From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:51:17 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Alberto Bolchini wrote:

> ...mhm: I re-read the specs, and got confused (!)
Just for fun - my favorite joke about the spec:
"If you start looking at the spec you might come back a year later
mumbling incoherently ;-)" (c) Keiron Liddle at fop-dev.

> I declare two different simple-page-master as I want them to have
> different layouts (margins/regions).
> I use the page-sequence to specify the different contents, refferring
> always to the same page-sequence-master.
In your example you actually refer first page-sequence to "first" master (that
means *all pages*, generated by this page sequence should be formatted using
"first" simple-page-master) and second one - to "rest" page master.
  > <fo:page-sequence master-name="first"
  > <fo:page-sequence master-name="rest"

Try the following definition:

<!-- C O N T E N T   O F   F I R S T   P A G E *S* -->
<!-- Reffering to "content" page-sequence-master: the very first page is
formatted according "first" page master, the rest - according "rest" one -->
<fo:page-sequence master-name="content"
	initial-page-number="1"
        language="it">
</fo:page-sequence>

<!--  C O N T E N T   O F   R E S T   O F   D O C -->
<!-- All generated pages are formatted according "rest" page master -->
<fo:page-sequence master-name="rest"
	language="it">
	</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>