Re: rounding up space

From: Eric Muller <emuller@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:38:50 -0500 (EST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

May be this picture of the output will help:

body line 1
body line 2
  <vertical space 1>
  header line 1
  header line 2
  <vertical space 2>
body line 3
body line 4

The [body  line] are on a 13pt leading. The [header line] are on a 16pth
leading. I want to arrange the two [vertical space] such that the
indented piece occupies a multiple of 13pt. This is necessary to align
the bottom of the pages. In this case, it is easy: the header lines
occupy 2*16=32pt, so the vertical space has to consume 3*13 - 32 = 7pt.
If I had three header lines, they would occupy 3*16=48pt and the
vertical space would need to consume 4*13 - 48 = 4pt. The rub is that I
don't know if the block that generates the header lines will generate
one, two, or more lines: only the formatter knows.

Thanks,
Eric.