fixed with and aligning without table

From: Gilhuijs, Patrick <Patrick.Gilhuijs@getronics.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 06:15:50 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Consider the next example

key: value     key:      value  key: value
key: value     key:      value  key: value

the widths of the values are fixed, and one is left-aligned another is right-aligned.

Is it possible to accomplish this with blocks and inline objects instead of using a table object?
I tried using a block with inner inline objects but text-aligning in inline objects isn't possible.
When I use blocks I get a linefeed after every block, so it is not a line anymore.

Patrick