Re: Getting the image width and height

Because the XSL-FO interpretation is arms-length from the XSLT
transformation, one must always express the desired conditional processing
in the stylesheet before the XSL-FO processor acts on the resulting
transformation.  An example of such conditional processing is the set of
"keep" properties.

At 2002-08-29 04:55 -0400, Wolfgang.Schreurs@ingbank.com wrote:
>I want te get the width of an image, and if the image has a width greater as
>144 pixels, I want to scale the image, else if the size <= 144 pixels then
>I'd like to display the image at the normal size.

These needs in particular cannot be expressed in the conditional processing
facilities in XSL-FO, so you must resort to a scheme outside of the
Recommendation.

If I had a program that read the dimensions of an image and wrote out a
small XML instance capturing these measurements, then I would read those
XML instances at transformation time using the document() function when
processing the figures and determine in my XSLT stylesheet which strategy
to follow for the presentation of each image.

I hope this helps.

................ Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth      Europe:         Sep 18-Sep 20,2002
XSLT/XPath and XSL-FO           North America:  Sep 30-Oct  4,2002

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:     2002-09-11,13,18,19,30,10-03,07,10,12-08