Re: Generating PDF Forms

From: Mike Haarman <mhaarma@socsci.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:38:41 -0500 (CDT)
To: Dave Hentchel <hentchel@exln.com>
cc: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

There are commercial products which handle this.  An open implementation
of an FO processor could be extended, at some effort I should think, as
the API is fairly well documented here:

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/acrosdk/docs/extapi/FormsAPIReference.pdf

Your server will need to understand FDF.

Mike

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Dave Hentchel wrote:

> I have a user who needs to create PDF files with embedded Forms from XML.
> Scanning the FO spec, it seems there is no support for forms fields at this
> time.
>
> Is there any way to automate PDF Forms creation from XML that is available
> today?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Mike Haarman