Re: Extending table automatically

On Thursday 01 August 2002 22:17, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> At 2002-08-01 12:11 -0400, Bhairavkar, Minal V wrote:
> >I want to extend my table in PDF automatically when it extend the page
> >length.
> >Is there any way to do this using XSL:FO?
>
> If I have understood your question correctly, the answer is "no".
>
> >Could you please help me in this regard.
>
> In XSL-FO 1.0 the dimensions of the page geometry cannot be influenced by
> the dimensions of the content being flowed.

Errr.... In the specification it says that you can specify "media-usage"
property to one of :

	auto | paginate | bounded-in-one-dimension | unbounded

"bounded-in-one-dimension" is defined as :

	Only one page is generated per fo:page-sequence descendant from the fo:root.
	Exactly one of "page-height" or "page-width" must be specified on the first
	page master that is used. The size of the page in the other dimension is
	determined by the content flowed into the page.

Isn't that contradictory with what you say? Sorry in advance if there is any
misunderstanding from my part.

Note: I'm leaving for a vacation in a few hours, so I won't be able to read
your answer before a few weeks?

--
Éric Bischoff