Re: FOA (Formatting Object Authoring tool)

From: Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:52:24 +0100
To: "Thomas Holz" <thomas.holz@avitech.de>, <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
At 07:28 25/09/2001 -0400, Thomas Holz wrote:
>I downloaded FOA and the accompanying tutorial, and having dealt with a
>few starting problems I finally managed to launch the programm. But I
>can't create any new pages, although I followed the steps of the tutorial.
>If you have experienced similar problems and found a way around them,
>please tell me.

Must admit I only tried it for an hour or so today.
Issues, switching from page-sequences to blocks,
Batch file tweaking
classpath modification
Invalid XSLT produced (probably my finger trouble)
No transform error reporting

But I quite liked it overall.
The idea of using attribute sets for 'styles' was 'novel', but
probably a pragmatic solution.

Having 6 windows open at once reminded me of dev environment nightmares,
though I think I could get used to it.

Shows promise IMHO.

Just keep trying the right mouse (win32) on 'content',
its used widely.

HTH DaveP