RE: generate html from fo?

From: Max Dunn <maxdunn@siliconpublishing.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:01:06 -0800
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
There may be, but then you would lose the semantics.  See

It would be better to present XML and XSLT to the browser, to facilitate
richer searchability and a more direct mapping between content and

Presumably that XSLFO came from some XML via XSLT?

Wouldn't it be best to stylize the same XML directly into HTML via a
distinct XSLT stylesheet, i.e.:

This preserves the semantics, at least for browsers capable of XML/XSLT.  It
also lets you tailor the output for HTML browser rendition (i.e. web) via
one stylesheet and for FO rendition (i.e. print) via another.