Re: page break

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:26:58 +0100
To: gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

> But where in the rules does it specify

Hey that's not fair: making me read the manual:-)
Actually I think the bit that you quoted and I underlined is exactly the
bit specifying that it can go to later pages, isn't it?

> Since I am floating something to the "before-float" area, I anticipate the
> float to appear before the content surrounding the definition of the
> float.

I don't think so. My reading of it is that a float marked for such an
area can be placed in _any_ before-float-reference area (that is,
loosely, the top of any page).

The main constraints that apply are that floats stay in order of
the fo:float and that the generated block area is on the same
or later page.

David