Re: page break

From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:34:34 +0100
To: gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
G. Ken Holman writes:
 > While I can understand (and expect) under (b) the presence on the same
 > page, I cannot see in section 6.10 how under (b) a float is allowed on a
 > subsequent page.

I presume that what you say is a correct interpretation of the
spec. but if so, the spec is unuseable. If I have a float left
unplaced at the end of a page sequence, I going to add an extra page
to deal with it. Making sure that empty block with the "lastpage" ID
in it transfers to the new page with the float on it is going to be
hard.

It cannot seriously be suggested that FO will ban pages of floats by
themselves?

Sebastian