Re: What Image Formats are currently supported in fop

From: Barry MacKichan <barry.mackichan@mackichan.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:44:59 -0700
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
I am wondering if someone has written some code that I am considering.

There are two ways to format an XML file:

1.  Provide a CSS file to say how each tag is formatted, and
2.  Provide an xsl-fo tree that formats the XML file.

I am interested in code that goes from 1 ==> 2.  That is, code that given an
XML file and a CSS file, produces an xsl-fo tree that renders exactly as the
XML+CSS combination would.

This seems pretty simple and universal, so it occurred to me that it might
already exist.  Does anybody know of it?

--Barry MacKichan
MacKichan Software, Inc. www-dot-mackichan-dot-com