XSL:FO baseline shift oddities

From: Kerin Cosford <Kerin.Cosford@current-drugs.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:58:00 +0100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Hi all,

I'm having my first stab at XSL:FO today, and I've run into a slight snag,
thats confusing the hell out of me.

My .fo file is being produced through xslt, and everything was working fine,
up until I added in this template:

<xsl:template match="sub">
	<fo:inline baseline-shift="sub"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

This is a document on chemical composition of drugs, so there's lots of
subscript text in the file.

I've looked at the output .fo file, and I can't see anything wrong with it
at all. If I comment out this template, so that <sub> elements don't get
processed into FO, I no longer get any errors.

I'm using XEP, by the way, up until we get FOP running on our servers -
according to the XEP documentation, it supports baseline-shift="sub"
perfectly (the same error is thrown up if I use vetical-align="sub".

I've put the output .fo file at http://www.bocuma.com/tests/cdrugs1_fo.xml
(xml extension to allow IE to view it properly).

Can anybody tell me why XEP won't process this file? The error I get is:

 parseerror: line 924, column 11: The content of element type "fo:flow" must
match
"(fo:block|fo:block-container|fo:table-and-caption|fo:table|fo:list-block|fo
:footnote|fo:float|fo:multi-switch|fo:multi-properties|fo:wrapper|fo:marker|
fo:retrieve-marker|rx:fall-through)+".

Which I must admit is all Greek to me.

Can *anybody* help? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerin Cosford