Including external graphics dynamically

From: <ginser@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 02:01:55 +0100 (MET)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

I've been looking desperately already for hours and do not find a solution
for the following (probably simple if you know how) problem:

I use FOP to process PDF from out of a template with some XML data for the
first time.

I would like to include a picture with my stylesheet depending on the URL
passed in the XML. Normally in XSL I would set the SRC attribute via and
xsl:attribute command. I didn't manage to get that working with

Instead of the static inclusion:
<fo:external-graphic src="http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/cup.gif"/>

I'd need sth like:

 <xsl:attribute name="src">
  <xsl:value-of select="picURL"/>

with the XML source

Do you have by any chance an idea how i could get this working or is that
not possible with FO?

I'd be terribly grateful if you could help me further.

Thanks a lot in advance,