Re: FO extension for document info

At 06:32 PM 2/12/01, David Carlisle wrote:

>> I do that sort of thing by adding <xsl:comment> to the stylesheet.
>
>But if the FO file is driving a PDF generating program and the idea is
>to affect the file/info menu items in acrobat (or similar information in
>other browsing systems) why do you want this information to be in
>unstructured comments that may not be accessible after the XML parse?

Because I want to throw away my fo documents after I've got the pdf.

>If they are not in XML markup there is a chance they can't be used at
>all. You say it belongs in the source XMl. That's where it should start,
>but why do you want to stop information progressing to the final result
>which is what the reader sees (or hears or whatever)

If you want to output something to the final form document, then use
normal fo elements. Whats so special about this one?

If its Adobe, pdf specific, then it (again) has no place in the fo
without being recognised as a 'special for DC', or something.
Again because its single media specific (IMO)

Regards DaveP