Re: extensions to FO

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:22:01 GMT
To: mf@w3.org
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

> it's safer to assume that everything within
> unknown elements will be ignored.

Ignored? or an error? and what does ignored mean? ignore an element and
all its children, or (html style) ignore the element and process the

xmltex actually implements the last of these, but I would never have
wanted to claim that it was in anyway "authorised" to do that for any
given document type, it just does.

When wearing a standards hat (as opposed to a TeX hacker's hat) I'd
expect that the correct behaviour was to raise an error unless the spec
for the document type explictly allowed foreign namespaces.