RE: extensions to FO

Kelly Campbell writes:
 > I am hoping that the FO spec allows for the XSLT-like syntax of enclosing
 > elements from the FO spec inside elements from another namespace, and am
 > looking for clarification on that particular question.

how can the FO spec say anything about it? the spec tells us the
syntax and semantics of elements in the FO namespace, no more and no
less. It has no means of telling me that embedded MathML or svg are
illegal, as it would break some cardinal principles of XML. The (very
useful!!) FO DTD from RenderX is NOT part of the spec, nor can I see
how it ever could be.

Would some XML grand wizard like to tell me I am completely wrong?

sebastian