Re: PDF bookmarks (was: Re: extensions to FO)

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:57:17 GMT
To: grig@renderx.com
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Actually I'd rather have specific bookmark constructors that are placed
at the beginning of the file, not tied to section fo:blocks.

Bookmarks seem to me very much like a table of contents. The model in FO
is not that (as in latex) the formatter makes a table of contents by
magic from information gathered from the section commands. If you want a
table of contents you have to explicitly make one while writing the FO.

I (think) that I'd like to be able to do that for bookmarks as well.