Re: formatting problem

From: Cyril Rognon <crognon@objectiva.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:51:25 +0100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Hello every one

I am currently generating medium size documents (50-800 pages) with the
available Formatters. I have tried FOP and XEP and Antennahouse's and I am
on my way to try Passive TeX and UFO.

For now, I have a memory consumption problem. each time I try to generate a
PDF that contains more than 70 pages, I need at least 128Mo. I know these
memory issues are going to be solved during the year to come by the fo
processors. Right now, I have to submit my conclusions and my advice to a
customer who wants to know if he can trust XSL FO solutions or not. Memory
consumption is an issue today for my customer.

  I would like to know if anyone has produced 500 pages documents within
128Mo with an acceptable speed (3 secs per pages from XML to PDF/PS/PCL...
would be the max ).
With XEP and FOP and XSLFormatter, I have tried to use as much
page-sequence as I could, beleiving that it would reduce the memory
footprint, but it did nothing.

Does anyone has any hints ?

Thanks
Cyril