Re: Inline images to do boxes (tables) with rounded corners?

Erich.Kilmer@mmt.bellhowell.com writes:

> Thanks to everyone for all of the help. Sorry to bother again but here goes.
> Can anyone tell me when inline images will be available?
> We are trying to build documents that are invoices. Many invoices have boxes
> (tables) with rounded corners. The only way that I can think of doing boxes
> with round corners is to lay down an inline image and then putting data
> inside of the image.
> Is there another way to do this?

Erich,

If I understand correctly what you want to do an alternate approach would be
to use SVG images to create the round cornered boxes with either a coloured
fill or fill of "none" depending on whether or not you wanted a visible
background to the data. You could then use XSLT to generate SVG text too, if
you wish. Or use XSL-FO text.

I am using those round cornered SVG boxes (for a slightly different purpose)
on
http://www.XMML.com/

If you don't already have an SVG viewer I suggest you download version 3 of
the Adobe SVG Viewer following the links from
http://www.adobe.com/svg/
then you can go to the XMML.com Web site.

If you have the Antenna House XSL Formatter you can see embedded SVG in
XSL-FO online -  go to
http://www.xsl-fo.com/default.xml (there is a stylesheet to create XSL-FO)
and page (at the top of the screen) to page 3 where an SVG image is embedded.

Those are the pieces which, when put together, will probably do what you need.

Andrew Watt