Re: Embedding an external document

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:52:16 +0200
To: "Warwick Slade" <warwick.slade@showads.com.au>
Cc: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

The spec does not specify limitations on what can be linked to by the
external-graphic fo, so it could very well be a PDF document. Of
course you need to find an implementation that supports it. I am not
aware of any.

This raises the need for an XSL event model. Consider a PDF file
embeded within an fo:basic-link. If it has interactive features
(links, forms or a table of contents), how does the renderer handle a
click within the box? Does it follow the basic-link, or does it pass
the event down to the PDF? This applies to instream-foreign-object as
well, and to any "interactive" FO embedded within another interactive
FO: how is a basic-link within a multi-properties handled?  And a
basic-link within a basic-link?

But I digress.

Max.